Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Beginnings

Here starts my challenge of painting one painting each day. I will spend no more than 25 minutes on a painting and will post one each day to my blog. They will be small - 5x7.

What do i want to get out of it? They say there's nothing like doing something a lot to get better at it and I like to paint. I miss it. I get grumpy when I go without painting for too long.

Painting Nr. 1 is a study of reflections using some items I had around the house. I can tell my mixing bowl is going to figure prominently in future paintings. I just love the wonderful reflections it gives off.

My setup is a 5x7 pochade box from Guerilla Painter that I can sit on my living room table. Throwing out my TV gave me a wonderful spot to stage my still lifes - the TV stand - and with an adjustable reading light and two stand lamps, I am pleased so far with the lighting possibilities I can produce. I'm sure as time goes by, my setup and manner of working will evolve and I look forward to seeing how it will.






No comments: